Nieuws van het Netwerk
Filter by
   
Find it!
Records 76-80 of 312  
page         16         

50 years of the Ecole de Nancy Museum in Nancy – 26 June 2014


THE ECOLE DE NANCY MUSEUM CELEBRATES ITS 50 YEARS!

In June 1964, the Ecole de Nancy Museum was opened in Eugène Corbin’s house, patron and collector of the Ecole de Nancy who gave a large part of his works to the City of Nancy in 1935. This donation is at the root of this unique museum in France, totally devoted to an artistic movement, the Art Nouveau of Nancy.

The museum will celebrate, on 26 June 2014, the fiftieth anniversary of its opening and invite you on this occasion, to come to discover or rediscover its collections.

Free entrance from 10 am to 8 pm.

A gift will officially be given to a person born on 26 June 1964, in the framework of the operation Born on 26 June at 10 am
Official memorial ceremony at 11 am
Dedication session of books published by the Association of the Ecole de Nancy Museum Friends from 2 pm
Free tour at 3 pm and 6 pm “From the Corbin Museum to the Ecole de Nancy Museum” (without registration, subject to availability)
Musical activities from 4 pm to 8 pm in the garden, around the 60’s, by “OnVousPasseraDesDisques”

27, 28 and 29 June
Free tour at 3 pm, “From the Corbin Museum to the Ecole de Nancy Museum” (without registration, subject to availability) Entrance fee to the museum: 6€

During all June 2014 : operation Born on 26 June !
If you are born on 26 June (and whatever the year), the museum invites you to come to collect a gift during all June! The offer is limited to the 50 first persons who will appear to the checkout with their ID card, at opening days and hours of the museum.

More information about the anniversary
Press release of the event and press pack of the event
Flyer


Picture: Poster of the event

Open house at the Otto Wagner Hofpavillon Hietzing in Vienna– on 21 to 22 June 2014


At the Hietzing subway station stands “Pavillon des k.u.k. Allerhöchsten Hofes” (“Pavillon of the k.u.k. of the highest Court”) designed by Otto Wagner and opened in 1899. He served to the emperor and his guests and members of the court as entry and exit point when they travelled once with the Wiener Stadtbahn.
The central space of the Hofpavillon, the waiting room of the Emperor, contained a table and chairs in front of a view of Vienna by Carl Moll. Here was also a desk so that the Emperor was able to work during the waiting period. And it was possible to send telegrams from the loggia.

Due to disrepair, the site of the Vienna Museum had to be closed for a few years. Thanks to an extensive renovation by the construction and building management of the City of Vienna (MA 34) the architectural jewel is once again open to the public.

Saturday, June 21, and Sunday, June 22 from 10 am to 18 pm
Free admission on both days!

Thereafter, the Pavilion will be open every Saturday and Sunday 10-18 clock.

More information


Picture: Wolfgang Thaler, © Wien Museum

Exhibition The École de Nancy and the First World War at the Musée de l'Ecole de Nancy – from 19 March to 29 June 2014


A selection of works by Victor Prouvé, Henri Bergé, Louis Hestaux, Louis Majorelle and Gallé Factory in the museum’s collections presents this hardly known period which followed the golden year of the École de Nancy during and after the First World War and lead those artists into the 20th century for good.
An exhibition presented in the field of the centenary of the First World War

Press release in French

More information


Picture: Gallé's Factory, Vase Cathédrale de Reims. Private collection.

Memorial conference Ede Toroczkai-Wigand, Marcell Komor and Miksa Róth at the Miksa Róth Museum in Budapest – 19 June 2014


The director of the Miksa Róth Museum in Budapest organizes a memorial conference about the architects Ede Toroczkai-Wigand and Marcell Komor as well as Miksa Róth on 19th of June.

This conference gives place for a book presentation too, which was written in Hungarian illustrated with many pictures about the Cultural Palace in Marosvásárhely (Targu Mures, Romania), built in 1913 and restaured just recently, for the centenary. This palace was also planned by Marcell Komor and a serie of staned glass windows by Toroczkai Vigand was built in the main hall.

More information


Picture: Komor, Marcell and Jakab, Dezső: Palace Hotel, Budapest, detail with ornaments

Artists' Colony Darmstadt on German UNESCO World Heritage list!


Since 13 June 2014 it is official: The Artists' Colony Darmstadt is one of seven German proposals for the UNESCO World Heritage. The Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs underlined thus the outstanding universal value of our early modern total work of art!

The moment could not be better for Mathildenhöhe Darmstadt: While the exhibition TOWARD THE LIGHT presents the extraordinary power of the artists' colony 100 years ago, the cinema city THE SCORPION'S STING shows in an exemplary way how artists today can collaborate successfully.

Please join us to celebrate creativity 1900 plus and 2000 plus on June, the 23rd in the plane tree grove!

Frankfurter Neue Press’ article

More information


Picture: Ernst-Ludwig Haus Tür, Mathildenhöhe Darmstadt, RANN

With the support of the Culture Programme of the European Union

Responsible publisher: Arlette Verkruyssen, General Director,
Brussels Regional Public Service - Bruxelles Développement urbain (Brussels Urban Development),
CCN - Rue du Progrès 80, B. 1, 1035 Brussels - Belgium