Exhibition Knowledge infused with a decorative sensibility at György Ráth Villa in Budapest
15/06/2019 > 15/09/2019
The architecture of Albert Kálmán Kőrössy
Albert Kálmán Kőrössy is an undeservedly forgotten figure in the history of Hungarian architecture around 1900 who cannot be categorised as a follower of Ödön Lechner’s form language of Hungarian character. Although over the past few decades his name was largely forgotten by the wider public, his works can still seem very familiar to those who remember the building of Kölcsey Ferenc Secondary School, the shop window of Philanthia Florists, the bridge connecting Temesvár’s town centre with its industrial area, the OTP headquarters in Nádor utca, or the one-time secondary school in the 9th district which later hosted the Folklore Museum and which is currently the building of the National Pedagogical Library and Museum.
The Hungarian Museum of Architecture and Monument Protection Documentation Centre has arranged an exhibition to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the architect’s birth.
Picture: Poster of the exhibition “Knowledge infused with a decorative sensibility” © MPDC