Assistant coordinator – RANN
The Réseau Art Nouveau Network asbl is a European cooperation network initiated by the Brussels-Capital Region in 1999. Composed of Art Nouveau specialists from more than twenty European cities and institutions, it pursues a programme of study, protection and promotion of Art Nouveau. Labelled as a Cultural Route by the Council of Europe since 2014, it aims to disseminate a better knowledge of the Art Nouveau heritage to the widest possible audience.
Head office: urban.brussels, Monts des Arts 10-13 – 1000 Brussels
Workplace: Hotel van Eetvelde, Avenue Palmerston, 2 – 1000 Brussels
The assistant to the coordinator will be responsible for supporting the coordinator of the secretariat of the Réseau Art Nouveau Network in the planning and implementation of all activities of the association and its projects, especially promotion/communication activities. To bring the network to life through formal and informal contacts with the various members in a pro-active way. Facilitate the sharing of information between members and encourage bilateral or multilateral exchanges between some of them. More specifically, its tasks will be the following:
- Management of the promotion of RANN, its activities/projects and those of its members (website, newsletter, social networks) to different audiences and the press based on a well-defined communication plan.
- Management the visibility of the Network and its activities/projects, establishing close relations with other European and Brussels-based organisations.
- Content management, updating and enrichment of the RANN website (news, databases…).
- Organisation, coordination and follow-up of activities planned within the framework of the RANN asbl or European projects within the given deadlines: regular contacts, in English and French, with members in order to collect documents to be provided, contacts with subcontractors, etc. Editorial follow-up (proofreading, iconography, harmonisation, etc.).
- Preparation (documentation, facilitation), logistical organisation and follow-up of meetings and events organised by the RANN (conferences, press conferences, etc.): contacts with local members and subcontractors, drafting of working documents and minutes, etc.
- Degree in communication and/or cultural learning and/or heritage enhancement and/or history and/or art history and/or European project management.
- Communication and marketing skills to promote and enhance Art Nouveau to an international audience and to ensure the visibility of RANN events/projects.
- Writing skills for different types of documents:
- Content for the website, newsletter, social networks for different audiences (general public/young public, partners, other cultural operators, press, etc.);
- Working documents, notes and reports from meetings
- Miscellaneous and administrative documents (official correspondence).
- Organisational skills:
- Organising both the content and logistics of RANN meetings and events;
- Coordinating and monitoring the implementation of activities within the given deadlines.
- Adapt to the different audiences of the RANN (general public/young public, authorities, partners, other cultural operators of heritage promotion, press, etc.);
- Adapt to the different administrative structures (public and private institutions);
- Adapt to the different working methods of the members of the RANN;
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to the deadlines imposed by the programme of activities
- Good knowledge of the Office pack, CMS (such as wordpress), web-editing, sending newsletters, and social networks.
- Good knowledge of the Adobe suite (Indesign, Photoshop, etc.) or other image editing software.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, knowledge of other foreign languages is an asset.
- Awareness for cultural heritage.
- Professional experience in a similar function is an asset.
- Knowledge of European funding/grant programmes and/or experience in fundraising (public/private) is an asset.
- Type of work: Self-employed (SMART or equivalent entity) based on an agreement
- Status: 3/5 with possibility of extension to full time
- Availability to work evenings and weekends during events organised by RANN (Fairs, Conferences, Symposia, etc.)
- Availability to travel abroad
- Estimated duration of the service: Until 31 December 2024 (renewable)
- Terms: Invoicing of the services at a maximum daily rate of 150 euros excluding VAT
How to apply
Application deadline: 14 May 2023 at midnight
Interviews will take place on the 5 June 2023
Starting date: as soon as possible
Send your application (CV + covering letter) by email to Erika Giuliani, coordinator, at email@example.com